The forum of the First generation
Welcome to our forum Mechmind, you are free to explore our base!
Welcome to our forum Mechmind, you are free to explore our base!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the first AIM 2 Clan Wars forum created by (-o0$paceman0o-) for the fans of this widely unknown, but great game, and our goals are to make this game famous!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mods and patches for the game

Go down 
+5
Mehanoid
INVADER
The Lone Wolf
N3TGeaR
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mods and patches for the game Empty
PostSubject: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:27 am

I don't have any mods or know of any but I know about a "moding tool" Shocked , so if we can find moderators for the site or if someone has this program or any mod please post them on the site! I LOVE mods Smile !
Back to top Go down
https://aim2thefirstforum.forumotion.com
N3TGeaR
Deadly
Deadly
N3TGeaR

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 8:59 am

I only have the demo version, if u thinks it's a version, or mod, if u want i can upload it, somehow. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 am

The demo can be downloaded from a lot of sites. So I don't know if you need to upload it. If you want you can.

There are a couple of mods for the game on the Russian forum. I'll begin the translation next week and post them. (It can take quite some time, because i got a lot of work now)

Also I'm working on the patches for both the games. If you find a bug post it !!! I'll try to fix it. But remember:
1. I can't fix the game engine. If the crash is caused by the game engine malfunctioning it can't be fixed now. Maybe someday.
2. I'll need the save in this moment of the game where there is a problem.

The problems that I know of:
- Contour Fields report not showing. (Need save in and before the mission to fix it.) Text translation error. Need save to fix.
You Can read the report here: (Spoiler)
Spoiler:

- Can’t I give the information analyzer to the Restrictors (Need save in and before the mission to fix it.) This bug did not occur when I was playing so i don't know much about it. Probably text error. If so it can be easily fixed.

-ARIO message when you bring LOARRAT to the bunker. Same as above.
You can read it here: (Spoiler)
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
N3TGeaR
Deadly
Deadly
N3TGeaR

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:05 am

Okay, it was just an idea.

But what u wrote is more important! Ty the help, i've tried to change only one character in the texts, and it showed nothing, so idk how can i make it to be played on other languages. I'll w8 your new mods, or patches. I couldn't remember was there any bug i've seen the game right now, but i think there was. Okay, it's the game engine, but isn't it a chance to from another mod, or patch, it should be changed from 'the outside'? So, not the original game would be changed, only from these separeted files? Sorry, if the question is totally idiotic, but i'm not very professioned in these programmings, such i've never made a patch, or mod.

Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:05 am

N3TGeaR wrote:
Sorry, if the question is totally idiotic, but i'm not very professioned in these programmings, such i've never made a patch, or mod.

Well I don't quite understand the question.

There are 2 types of bugs that occur in the game.
1. Game crash. - 90% of those are caused by engine malfunction. Can be fixed only by reverse engendering, or if we have the source code for the game. There are weary hard to fix, and we don't have the source code.

2. Something not happening (working) in the game. - Caused by the translation of the game. For example, something is not there because there is no indicator before the text. This is why the Contour Fields bug occurs. Can be easily fixed. I only need the save in that mission and a bit of time.
Back to top Go down
N3TGeaR
Deadly
Deadly
N3TGeaR

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:00 pm

I mean that we should somehow translate it somehow, but if u try to change the file which contains the texts, it will show nothing... that's should be a type of problem, not?
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:02 am

The main file containing the text data is "quest.dat". You can find and edit anything there, and it affects the game. In some cases that won't work so we need to use the AIM SKD. The rest of the files are just "Link" files, so editing them can only crash the game.
Back to top Go down
N3TGeaR
Deadly
Deadly
N3TGeaR

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:24 am

what is that AIM SKD? a chance to create mods, or patches, or what ?
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:15 pm

N3TGeaR wrote:
what is that AIM SKD? a chance to create mods, or patches, or what ?

SKD - Software Development Tool - Game Editor

It's a standard editor that lets you do everything. Create, edit, add - new sectors, weapons, gliders, missions, and so on.

The problem is that its 100% russian, and a bit hard to use.
And there are olny a handful of mods on the official russian forum.
You can go there and downloade them. There not weary good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

New Gliders:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 4:14 am

YES!!!!! I WANT to make mods... Very Happy I have made for other games.
Back to top Go down
N3TGeaR
Deadly
Deadly
N3TGeaR

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:16 am

Woooow! That's sounds interesting! Very Happy That video is good, and yes, there should be some new gliders, and things, but we should change the item rating system (trade-combat-courier), i think, because it wasn't the best in 2. :/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:07 am

I aways wonder from where can I get that heavy weapon... EVERY Arhey in the toxic swamp shoots with that, but I can't find it anywhere!
They shoot in other sectors with this two, almost everyone has it but I just can't find it! Sad
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:22 am

Admin wrote:
I aways wonder from where can I get that heavy weapon... EVERY Arhey in the toxic swamp shoots with that, but I can't find it anywhere!
They shoot in other sectors with this two, almost everyone has it but I just can't find it! Sad

A weapon which you mean. The Heavy weapon in the video in my post i a mod and isn't in the game. Cant Buy it, no one uses it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:49 pm

I am not kidding, a large number of mechminds shoot me with this EXACLY WITH THIS ( the same sound two ).
Maybe its my version of the game its from the pirate bay version 1.3.0 patched.

Mods and patches for the game 1_bmp11

Mods and patches for the game 2_bmp10

Mods and patches for the game 3_bmp10

Mods and patches for the game 4_bmp10
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:57 am

Admin wrote:
I am not kidding, a large number of mechminds shoot me with this EXACLY WITH THIS ( the same sound two ).

The sound is the same (they reused the sound) but its a completely different weapon.
You can buy it in the arctic sector if I'm not mistaking.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 4:40 am

I don't know I can't find it anywhere even in the Arctic.
Do the Arheys in the Toxic swamp in your game shoot woth this? scratch
Please be shure to look.

PS: If you think this is the Plasma spinner from the arctic sector then you are mistaking, becose they look alike, but this doesn't spin it shoots directed energy.
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:36 am

Admin wrote:

Do the Arheys in the Toxic swamp in your game shoot woth this? scratch
Please be shure to look.

They use the Vortex glider (Arctics), Beam Laser II Type (Highland) and the heavy gun can be bought somewhere, but i can remember where. When i have time I will try to find it.

The weapon from the video is a heavy nuclear cannon - modified Gravitational Gun (3d Max) the sounds are from a nuclear cannon (desert).
The ascends and the phantoms use the nuclear cannon so you could hear the sound of the weapon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:30 am

I got an idea of a mod about "Finding the First" , They all left with Super, but some of them where left behind and forgotten.
We will make a new small sector or area where you go without a jump tunnel and meet the First again, ( located in a bunker or something like that ) they will give you different tasks and in exchange you will receive a special item. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Good Idea. But I'm not so sure about the no tunnel part. You can just find the key. Making a new sector in the SKD isn't so hard.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:59 am

can you send me a link where I can download the working SKD?
I downloaded one but it doesn't work, I double click and the Desktop blinks, but nothing else happens.
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:28 am

This is the link to the SkyRiver Studios Forum - F.Q.A on SKD
You can use Translate.google.com to translate the site to any language.
If this one doesn't work ill send you my copy, but its the same as the one as on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:47 am

I don't know why but it doesn't work ---> I start the aplication LocEditor it opens up for a second and automatically closes! confused why do I ALWAYS have problems with my computer?
I have everything it needs including Microsoft NET Framework 5...
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:07 am

In the editor directory you should have a error.log file. Open it and see what it says.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:58 am

It says: Can`t open file C:\Program Files\1C\AIMII\data\fonts\small.fdf
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:06 am

Copy the font directory from the game to the editor directory.
If the editor asks for the: C:\Program Files\1C\AIMII\data\fonts\small.fdf
So give it to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mods and patches for the game   Mods and patches for the game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mods and patches for the game
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The forum of the First generation :: A.I.M. 2 :: Mods and Patches-
Jump to: