The forum of the First generation
Welcome to our forum Mechmind, you are free to explore our base!
Welcome to our forum Mechmind, you are free to explore our base!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the first AIM 2 Clan Wars forum created by (-o0$paceman0o-) for the fans of this widely unknown, but great game, and our goals are to make this game famous!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pushing the game back alive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zugbug

Pushing the game back alive Empty
PostSubject: Pushing the game back alive   Pushing the game back alive I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Hey all, first post.

I want to say that I played this game last time when I was about 8, and the only memories I have are the best ones. LOVED the ambiance, sadly kinda forgot a lot of the story because I played it in Russian, moved to England since then. Long times.

Anyways. I found this forum just today, and it seems to be quite new, I don't remember seeing it come up before when I was looking for memories. I would really love if someone bothered to bring the game back up. Just generally having a bit of a larger userbase would be awesome.

Sadly a lot of the people ignore me when I tell them of this awesome game back from the early 2000s which runs on DirectX8 (Everyone wants flashy games lately >.>) but if we had a central point where people can collect to learn a bit about the game, that would be awesome.

One of the things that people (well, I do at least) first look for is the Wiki. A Wiki(a) gives the new user a basic idea of the pre-story, gameplay, visuals. That is what I found most lacking about both AIM and AIM2. I remember that the install disc came with an HTML page that described all the weapons/gliders, but that wasn't as efficient.

I say, that the first step to get more people to play, at least the first or the second game, is to provide them with a user friendly user-built. Once we have more people playing, there is a higher chance we can get a lot of competitive programmers and other people who can contribute to building the next game.

This is a "Cheer Up Guys" message. Please, make AIM3 (Mechanoids 3) a reality one day. I cannot die with this game being incomplete.

P.S.: What does A.I.M even stand for? I remembered the game as "Mekhanoidy", and this is what I will call it for ever.
Back to top Go down
The Lone Wolf
Victorious
Victorious
The Lone Wolf

Pushing the game back alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pushing the game back alive   Pushing the game back alive I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:35 am

Russian title is "МЕХАНОИДЫ" As seen here:
http://skyriver.ru/mechanoids/wallpapers/1600/aim07_1600x1200.jpg

It means Mechanoid. Something is a mechanical android ?!

The game is also called "Mechanoids" "Mechminds" , and "A.I.M - Artificial Intelligence Machine"

http://ifotos.pl/img/gaim-arti_nnenwx.jpg
Back to top Go down

Pushing the game back alive
Page 1 of 1