The forum of the First generation
Welcome to our forum Mechmind, you are free to explore our base!

The forum of the First generation

This is the first AIM 2 Clan Wars forum created by (-o0$paceman0o-) for the fans of this widely unknown, but great game, and our goals are to make this game famous!
 
HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 A.I.M. 2 Crash

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:20 am

Hello, buddies. I am really happy that I am not the one, who enjoys playing this old and infamous game nowadays! I don't play sci-fies at all , but this game got my mind 8 years ago, when I was given the first part as a gift. I've gone through it a couple times and 3 years ago I've done and the second part. But then I had an old PC with Athlon XP processor and windows XP.
Now to the problem: yesterday i finished part one and now I am trying to play the second one. But it crashes quite a lot. When i get destroyed or try to view the cluster, the game just freezes/crashes. And not only in these cases.... I am using an Intel core 2 processor and win7 x64... Can somebody help me fix this problem.. I have tried the windows xp compatibility mode and the affinity method, but it still crashes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Hello. Unfortunately there are rarely people, but I am sure that they would not be able to help. I will not tell the original thing, if I tell that the game should patch or reinstall. But it is better to play on Windows XP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:56 am

yeah... i tried my save on the same old pc... and it crashes there too even though i use the same release (the dvd one, written on a disk) i used three years ago... i kinda fixed the bug with the cluster('cuz the cluster is a very important thing) by not naming my clan. just when i go to the clan section i click the X button, when the game asks for a clan name. and it no more crashes,when i go to the cluster section and exchange mechminds . for the other crashes i just visit every base on my way for autosave in case the game suddenly crash. i hope i helped somebody and I am trying to download the cd release and kinda patch(to see if there are the same bugs) but I still got no luck, 'cuz there are not enough seeders
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 am

oh, great... now i cannot pass through the passage tunnel, because it crashes at the beginning of the transfer..can u told me about the patches u use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Hmm ... I visited the site of the game and found that SkyRiver did not do patch for the English version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:49 pm

i know .. i know... I understand russian (not at 100%) but i could try the ru version... can u give me some download links?
about the passage tunnel.. i kinda fixed it either by deleting the music path located at the data directory.
can i ask one more question? is there any servers or someone, whit whom i could play the game online?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 pm

danislav93 wrote:
i know .. i know... I understand russian (not at 100%) but i could try the ru version... can u give me some download links?
Patches for the Russian version here.
danislav93 wrote:
can i ask one more question? is there any servers or someone, whit whom i could play the game online?
I think not.

AIM: game LAN only. But we know that you can play over Hamachi, but call quality is terrible.
AIM 2: the game has no multiplayer.
AIM RACING: have the ability to play online, but it's terrible, because SkyRiver poorly done online game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:17 am

ok... thank you. can u tell me how to rate you(i am not too acknowledged whit this forum)
is there any players, keen on playing whit hamachi?
and where the hell is super in this bunkers.... i am stuck between two indentical locations and i've found only two of the transfers to the ground bases: the vent system in attitude sector(from where i got down to the bunker) and the production unit in the highlighted sector... and i've found one of the bases...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:04 am

danislav93 wrote:
how to rate you(i am not too acknowledged whit this forum)
Sorry please, but I do not understand this phrase.
danislav93 wrote:
is there any players, keen on playing whit hamachi?
I do not know, but I think not.
danislav93 wrote:
and where the hell is super in this bunkers.... i am stuck between two indentical locations and i've found only two of the transfers to the ground bases: the vent system in attitude sector(from where i got down to the bunker) and the production unit in the highlighted sector... and i've found one of the bases...
I think you're talking about the underground, right? If this is true, then here map of underground stations. But I do not remember which station Super. I remember that station was in a fog and there were glowing red boxes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:59 am

yeah.. interesting map... i remember something (from my recent playing) about station 36.... i"ll try it. thanks for the map
about the rate system.. i see u are 2 rank (Progressive).. isn't it being calculated from the number of people, who liked your posts, like the rate system of most known forums?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:02 am

and yes, underground is more accurate word at this point
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:45 am

danislav93 wrote:
isn't it being calculated from the number of people, who liked your posts, like the rate system of most known forums?
Forum simply counts the number of my posts. More posts - more rank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:14 am

yeah.. now i understand. I just wanted to give your rank some "boost up" because of the help you have given me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:08 pm

nope.. it wansn't 36 . it was 17. by the way super mentions about some other secret ways for completing the game different from the 5_sectors or the 12_5gen_mechs. do you know what they are?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:59 pm

danislav93 wrote:
nope.. it wansn't 36 . it was 17. by the way super mentions about some other secret ways for completing the game different from the 5_sectors or the 12_5gen_mechs. do you know what they are?
I found the conversation, yes, refer to the other ways, but only two endings. If there are more, they found no one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:46 am

i've found a post in other forum, where the game was discussed in 2009. in it a lot people said, that this two endings are fake( the game over screen is really bad end, not good) they said that u don't have to make the supercluster, when u convince the 12 meches, and u must start to complete the missions of the reconers, Sinigr and nautilus. and at the end super comes again in glider with a mech form the 6th gen. sinigr is also from the 6th gen. and together with them and your clan of 5th gen meches you start a war with reconers( witch have gliders with four heavy weapons) and Sinigr. and this war is situated in the outer edges... some people said that also at the end u are allied with gliders, who are controlled by humans in them.. and all stories seemed to be real... i was so exited and i am completely sure that i ll try to get to this end, cuz to me it seems to be veeeryy tremendous
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:58 pm

I do not believe in it. I think you just do not understand something. I even guess what you've read. Generally give a link to the text, I'll read it and then tell you what it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:25 pm

yeah, that story don't seem to be real...
http://goodgamez.wordpress.com/2007/08/21/aim-2-clan-wars/ here is the link and no one but the storyteller has got to this ending
but there are strange things.. it happened to me twice a random mech, passing by me told me that somewhere were a hole in the giant electromagnetic walls (i don't remember their name) other ones tell me that they wanted to get in the outer edges
it's no secret that on the top of one of the hills behind the passage tunnel of arctic sector is located some strange spacecraft..
also one of the rec's missions (from the research laboratory) about the 4 recs( i still cannot find DERCINT) says that if i complete this mission that means my clan (quanti field) is strong enough...when i try to destroy one of their gliders their green health(hill + armor) doesn't drop at all... and when i try to give EC to convince them without destroying their gliders, they told me that my quanti field(this is wrong spelling) is not powerfull enough...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:01 pm

danislav93 wrote:
http://goodgamez.wordpress.com/2007/08/21/aim-2-clan-wars/ here is the link and no one but the storyteller has got to this ending
Oh shi...! Google translate broke)))))))))))
I have not read the full text, and not found nothing about 3 ending, but I know that 3 ending is not. It was too steep. Also, if it were, then I or other players certainly have found it. Or would see in the game files through SDK.
danislav93 wrote:
but there are strange things.. it happened to me twice a random mech, passing by me told me that somewhere were a hole in the giant electromagnetic walls (i don't remember their name) other ones tell me that they wanted to get in the outer edges
You're talking about contour field? There are no holes. And the outside world can not reach.
danislav93 wrote:
it's no secret that on the top of one of the hills behind the passage tunnel of arctic sector is located some strange spacecraft..
Yes.
danislav93 wrote:
also one of the rec's missions (from the research laboratory) about the 4 recs( i still cannot find DERCINT) says that if i complete this mission that means my clan (quanti field) is strong enough...
No.
danislav93 wrote:
when i try to destroy one of their gliders their green health(hill + armor) doesn't drop at all... and when i try to give EC to convince them without destroying their gliders, they told me that my quanti field(this is wrong spelling) is not powerfull enough...
I do not understand what is the problem here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:50 am

you tell me that nobody(from the russian forums) has completed the game by another different way? then why does super said that there are another ways to completing the game(that every player must discover itself..)?why did Ario say that I was the 1st mech from the 5th gen and he was the 3rd,but he didn't know who was the 2nd? the other known 5th gen meches were invented after Ario... what is the roll of Sinigr and all this missions from the laboratory in all this while you can finish the game without even going to toxic swamp sector? and I don't think that their point is only giving you all these modifiers and that organic mech... what happen to the sinigr clan, when they left their sector from the destroyed contur field, and where they appear(except the final clip)? I remember that AIM 1 has alternative end, when you bring the information (which is need to invent that strong armor for the outer edges) in the sinigr's base, not in the first's base..
yes, i meant the contur fields.... i heard that rumour from a random mech in the game, not in the i-net.. and that even happened twice....
what happen when you go to that strange spacecraft ( I've never been able to reach it, because the height of the hill, but I see that green light on my radar)?
about the four reconers.. i cannot convince them(the mission wants exactly this from me) and i even can't find the fourth of them...that's my problem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:21 am

danislav93 wrote:
you tell me that nobody(from the russian forums) has completed the game by another different way? then why does super said that there are another ways to completing the game(that every player must discover itself..)?
Maybe developers have wanted to do, but change your mind, and the text left.
danislav93 wrote:
why did Ario say that I was the 1st mech from the 5th gen and he was the 3rd,but he didn't know who was the 2nd? the other known 5th gen meches were invented after Ario...
The second mech is kind of like organic modifier, which you will receive after the mission of Sinigr.
danislav93 wrote:
what is the roll of Sinigr and all this missions from the laboratory in all this while you can finish the game without even going to toxic swamp sector? and I don't think that their point is only giving you all these modifiers and that organic mech... what happen to the sinigr clan, when they left their sector from the destroyed contur field, and where they appear(except the final clip)? I remember that AIM 1 has alternative end, when you bring the information (which is need to invent that strong armor for the outer edges) in the sinigr's base, not in the first's base..
yes, i meant the contur fields.... i heard that rumour from a random mech in the game, not in the i-net.. and that even happened twice....
what happen when you go to that strange spacecraft ( I've never been able to reach it, because the height of the hill, but I see that green light on my radar)?
This piece I could not correctly translated. I'm sorry.
danislav93 wrote:
about the four reconers.. i cannot convince them(the mission wants exactly this from me) and i even can't find the fourth of them...that's my problem
They do not need to convince. They only need to take to any building.
MIRAND - Ruined Sector
TALLARCET - Highrise Sector
DERCINT - Toxic Swamp Sector
MOXXAART - Sector Hills
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 pm

you don't understand advanced en ... you are using the google translator,which is shit...
you can answer me in ru. I quite understand it and will translate it myself...
if that is true,and skyriver gives us some wierd and interesting info in their game,which means nothing, maybe they should stop inventing plots, and even stop producing games they cannot finish or games,which sequels cannot be made.... maybe that is the reason why their game is so unpopular... maybe at its realease time it was popular, but people lost their fair in the game...
I'll try to explain it clear:
space craft in arctic -> what is it, can it be investigated in the game????
sinigr missions/recc's missions -> only for modifiers???
Dercin -> cannot be found anywhere, using the network....
recconers gliders -> they cannot be damaged... the green health doesn't drop...???


now i am a young student in technical university and i am learning computer science.. by my education continue I'll learn how to create graphics and how to program every application. and I swear that I will finish the game at myself and make it be more interesting and completed.. like the first part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:45 pm

danislav93 wrote:
you don't understand advanced en ...
Yes, especially the word "en".
danislav93 wrote:
you are using the google translator,which is shit...
Any translator - shit.
danislav93 wrote:
you can answer me in ru. I quite understand it and will translate it myself...
No. I'm not sure that you can understand me, if I speak in Russian. And do not need it: it is I do not understand you, and not vice versa.
danislav93 wrote:
if that is true,and skyriver gives us some wierd and interesting info in their game,which means nothing, maybe they should stop inventing plots, and even stop producing games they cannot finish or games,which sequels cannot be made.... maybe that is the reason why their game is so unpopular... maybe at its realease time it was popular, but people lost their fair in the game...
You are not a developer and you do not know what you say. And scold quite vain. Many developers can not implement what came up.
danislav93 wrote:
space craft in arctic -> what is it, can it be investigated in the game????
This is a space ship of Arlings. How was there and why - is unknown. You can fly up to it and consider. But this is nothing more than an element of the world.
danislav93 wrote:
sinigr missions/recc's missions -> only for modifiers???
Yes. Also organic invader. Interesting missions. And also the opportunity to learn many secrets of the Polygon-4.
danislav93 wrote:
Dercin -> cannot be found anywhere, using the network....
Look for the best or destroy all in the sector. Networking is often useless.
danislav93 wrote:
recconers gliders -> they cannot be damaged... the green health doesn't drop...???
They go on very armored gliders: you need more powerful weapons (positron cannon for example).
danislav93 wrote:
now i am a young student in technical university and i am learning computer science.. by my education continue I'll learn how to create graphics and how to program every application. and I swear that I will finish the game at myself and make it be more interesting and completed.. like the first part.
Oh, yes, yes. So many people said... And where are they now? They're dead...
)))))))))))) I'm kidding. But in fact, many people would like to do the AIM3. Recruited whole teams. A lot of ambition, a lot of concepts and ideas. But all have failed. Enthusiasm does not help - need money.
But I'll be glad if you prefer it. And of course I would be happy if you could do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danislav93
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-12-06
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:58 am

with en i meant english...

i am not a developer.. i just express my opinion... and because of all i've read and all this mysteries I am not keen on finishing the game, when i know the end is just simple... can U tell me why the main quantity field is of the sinigr, while their field conquers a small part of the polygon compared to the supercluster you've created?

for the reccs.. i'll try to update my glider and drive over all of the toxic swamp sector..

i won't made AIM 3, I don't have such a imagination to create a plot for a whole game... AIM 2 is quite an old game, that means it is manipulateable. if skyriver had made some protection of their game filesystem , today it is not a problem for hackers to get through it. that leads to the fact that every file in the game directory can be open and be rewritten. but you use to have some skills in programming, which i will have acquired by the end of my education. i will probably complete the game with more appropriate and interesting ending.

about the money, i don't get your point... I wont officially publish my remake.. i will probably share the game to everyone, who is willing to play it, through the i-net. the are already released applications for graphics/texture inventing and all other stuff, i'll need to do my project..
or maybe you are talking about the electricity and the bills,asked from my i-net provider ( Very Happy), i'll use, while doing my work... just kiddin' Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mehanoid
Victorious
Victorious
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:05 pm

danislav93 wrote:
with en i meant english...
I know. That my phrase was sarcasm.
danislav93 wrote:
can U tell me why the main quantity field is of the sinigr, while their field conquers a small part of the polygon compared to the supercluster you've created?
Oh... Many unfamiliar words. Ok.
You want to ask why there is a collision of your mental field of your SuperCluster and Sinigr, right?
danislav93 wrote:
i won't made AIM 3, I don't have such a imagination to create a plot for a whole game... AIM 2 is quite an old game, that means it is manipulateable. if skyriver had made some protection of their game filesystem , today it is not a problem for hackers to get through it. that leads to the fact that every file in the game directory can be open and be rewritten. but you use to have some skills in programming, which i will have acquired by the end of my education. i will probably complete the game with more appropriate and interesting ending.
Well... Try it.
danislav93 wrote:
about the money, i don't get your point... I wont officially publish my remake.. i will probably share the game to everyone, who is willing to play it, through the i-net. the are already released applications for graphics/texture inventing and all other stuff, i'll need to do my project..
or maybe you are talking about the electricity and the bills,asked from my i-net provider ( Very Happy), i'll use, while doing my work... just kiddin' Wink
I talked about the hired employees, but I understand you're going to do everything alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A.I.M. 2 Crash   

Back to top Go down
 
A.I.M. 2 Crash
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The forum of the First generation :: A.I.M. 2 :: Technical support-
Jump to: